The COPPUL DPN works to build capacity for digital preservation at member institutions by offering world-class preservation infrastructure, education opportunities and advocacy resources, and by connect local digital preservation activities with regional, national, and international efforts.
The COPPUL DPN Steering Committee is responsible for overseeing this critically important initiative by providing expert guidance and strategic insight to the COPPUL DPN Coordinator, Executive Director, and the Board.
See the COPPUL DPN Terms of Reference for more details.
The membership of the Steering Committee as of August 1st, 2017, is as follows:
- Jordan Bass, Medical Archivist, University of Manitoba
- Ben Hyman, University Librarian, Vancouver Island University
- Mark Jordan, Head of Library Systems, Simon Fraser University
- Valla McLean, University Archivist and Humanities Librarian, MacEwan University
- Dan Mirau, Library Director, Concordia University of Edmonton
- Todd Mundle, University Librarian, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Gabrielle Prefontaine, Dean of the Library, University of Winnipeg
- Susan Powelson, Associate University Librarian, Discovery & Digital Services, University of Calgary
- Dr. Umar Qasim, Digital Preservation Officer, University of Alberta
- Bronwen Sprout, Head of Library Digital Programs and Services, University of British Columbia
- Brett Waytuck, University Librarian, University of Regina
- Kristina McDavid, COPPUL Executive Director (ex officio)
- Corey Davis, COPPUL DPN Coordinator (ex officio) [See the appointment announcement for the COPPUL DPN coordinator position]
Nb. The COPPUL DPN Steering Committee superceded the interim COPPUL DPN Management Committee on August 1st, 2017.