Working together, COPPUL members leverage our collective expertise, resources, and influence, increasing capacity and infrastructure, to enhance learning, teaching, student experiences, and research at our institutions.
The consortium is comprised of 22 university libraries located in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia, plus 15 affiliate members that particpate only in licenses for electronic resources.
Benefits of Membership
- discounted pricing and favourable terms on licensed resources
- networking and information sharing for directors and staff of member libraries
- shared expertise to advance collaborative projects (Data Libraries, LOCKSS Network, Shared Print Archive Network, etc.)
- occasional workshops and continuing education sessions for staff at member libraries
- connecting and coordinating with regional consortia in other parts of Canada
- opportunity to participate in working groups for: Collection Development, Data Librarians, Digital Preservation, Scholarly Communication, Return on Investment Measures in Libraries
Our actions are guided by our Strategic Directions 2016-2018.
More information about the history of COPPUL is also available.