When: Thursday January 25th @ 10 am PST / 11 am MST / 12 noon CST
Join Program Director Chip German for an overview and update on APTrust, a consortium of higher education institutions in the U.S. committed to providing both a preservation repository for digital content and collaboratively developed services related to that content.
The APTrust repository accepts digital materials in all formats from member institutions, and provides redundant storage in the cloud. It is managed and operated by the University of Virginia and is both a deposit location and a replicating node for the Digital Preservation Network (DPN). The APTrust consortium leverages the expertise of its members to identify and articulate needs for the digital content environment, to prioritize service development, and to collaboratively build solutions. This approach generates economies of scale and increases value for all members. http://aptrust.org/about
How to connect:
Participants, to join the meeting with video on a computer or mobile phone, click the link: https://bluejeans.com/484319008
You may also join via audio only using the telephone number: +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free), then enter Meeting ID: 484319008
Additional numbers: http://bluejeans.com/numbers
- You may require administrator access to install BlueJeans on your computer; please make arrangements with your local IT support.
- You are encouraged to connect to the conference call approximately 30 minutes prior to the stated start time; you MUST initiate the connection to BlueJeans.
- Connecting 30 minutes early helps alleviate stress for the participants and ensures maximum presentation time; please be considerate and connect early.
- We recommend that you use a wired connection for better bandwidth.
- Please test your video and audio connection in advance of the video conference date using: https://bluejeans.com/111/
- For assistance go to http://bluejeans.com/support/ or call: +1 (408) 791-2830.
PRIVACY: BlueJeans Network is a cloud-hosted service that transmits data outside of Canada. Please ensure your usage of BlueJeans Networks is in accordance with BC privacy legislation. If you have any questions, please contact the University Privacy Office email@example.com prior to using this service.