Digital preservation combines policies, strategies, and actions that ensure access to digital content over time. When successful, digital preservation results in a cumulative record of human action and memory. Digital Preservation Declaration of Shared Values
The COPPUL Digital Preservation Network builds capacity for digital preservation at member institutions by offering world-class preservation infrastructure, education opportunities and advocacy resources, and by connecting local digital preservation activities with regional, national and international efforts. More information...
- COPPUL DPN Terms of Reference
- COPPUL DPN Workplan 2017-2019
- COPPUL DPN Communications Plan 2017-2019
- COPPUL DPN Steering Committee agendas and minutes
- Stakeholder reports
- Presentations and publications from the COPPUL DPN Coordinator
- Recommendations Report for the COPPUL Digital Preservation Network (April 2016)
COPPUL's suite of digital preservation services are rapidly evolving. For an up-to-date overview, please see: COPPUL’s opt-in services overview.
- Preservation storage services: WestVault is COPPUL's next generation Community LOCKSS Network.
- Web archiving: COPPUL partners with the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) and the Internet Archive to offer Archive-It, a tool that enables COPPUL members harvest, build, and preserve collections of web-based materials.
- Preservation processing services: Archivematica is an open-source digital preservation system designed to maintain standards-based, long-term access to collections of digital objects.
- Repository services: Arca is a Fedora-based repository built on Islandora, a Canadian-developed open-source platform currently in use at over 100 public and private institutions worldwide.
Collaborative projects and initiatives
The COPPUL DPN works with a wide variety of regional, national and international projects and initiatives that have a meaningful impact on COPPUL members' ability to undertake effective digital preservation. Learn More.
- COPPUL digital preservation webinar series: a series of webinars on digital preservation activities across COPPUL and beyond.
- COPPUL Digital Preservation Network (DPN) Transformation Project: Concluded in the Spring 2017 and resulting in the official establishment of the COPPUL DPN, this two-year project commenced in August 1st, 2015 and aimed to transform COPPUL’s current digital preservation activities into a set of comprehensive, flexible, scalable, and sustainable services provided by a COPPUL Digital Preservation Network (COPPUL DPN).
For more information, contact the DPN Coordinator: