Launching Summer 2021. At COPPUL we believe that it takes a community to tackle the grand challenges associated with preserving digital information for future generations, and through our investments in the COPPUL Digital Stewardship Network (CDSN), we help build and support community-based digital preservation infrastructure in the region and across the country.
As part of it's commitment to community, the CDSN originally formed a Preservation Storage Advisory Committee to oversee the development of preservation services like WestVault. Building on the PSAG's valuable work, the Preservation Infrastructure Working Group will:
- Represent the interests of users of COPPUL infrastructure, including WestVault hosts and depositors.
- Advise on long-term strategies for the development, positioning and use of WestVault and Archivematica-as-a-Service within the broader preservation storage ecosystem.
- Investigate opportunities to align and/or integrate WestVault and Archivematica-as-a-Service with other digital research infrastructure and preservation storage services.
- Advise on opportunities for developing or enhancing COPPUL’s suite of preservation infrastructure, including possible partnerships and funding sources.
- Bring forward emerging issues with services and recommend solutions.
- Carry out research, assessment, planning, etc. in support of WestVault, Archivematica-as-a-Service, and any other COPPUL-supported infrastructure, as applicable.
For more information, see the CDSN-PIWG Terms of Reference.
Membership TBD. To express interest in participating, or to learn more, please contact Rebecca Dickson, Digital Stewardship Network Coordinator (email@example.com).