As part of a larger strategy to increase digital preservation capacity for individual members, the Peer Services Committee (PSC) has been tasked with creating formal mechanisms to connect peer organizations at similar or complementary stages of digital preservation readiness. These mechanisms will allow organizations to share experiences, review documentation, and exchange real-world strategies in a structured way, thereby increasing preservation capacity through collaboration.
The Peer Services Committee will:
- Create and maintain formal mechanisms to match COPPUL organizations at similar or complementary stages of digital preservation readiness.
- Create and maintain best-practice guidelines to structure effective exchanges among peers, including scope of activities, communication mechanisms, and follow-up procedures.
- Create and maintain procedures to review organization-specific preservation-related documentation as requested by individual COPPUL members.
Membership as of March 2021 is:
- Janice Banser, Digital & Web Services Librarian, Simon Fraser University
- Allan Gergel, Supervisor, Information Systems, University of Lethbridge
- Mimi Lam, Librarian, Digital Projects, University of British Columbia (Chair)
- Jane Morrison, MAS, Associate University Archivist, University of Victoria
- Natalie Vielfaure, BA, MA, Digital Curation Archivist, University of Manitoba
- Robyn Stobbs, Research Data Management Librarian, Athabasca University
- Rebecca Dickson, COPPUL Digital Preservation Coordinator (ex officio)
For more information, see the CDSN-PSC Terms of Reference.