Chair: Michael Shires, University of Regina
Representation from each member library as appointed by the library director. Affiliate members do not have representation on the Collections Committee.
Selected by the group and approved by the Directors for a two-year term, renewable.
Terms of Reference
- In support of COPPUL's strategic plan, to generate ideas and recommend innovative initiatives for the enhancement of collections at the consortium and institutional levels.
- To advise the Directors on COPPUL Collections matters and to undertake projects assigned by the Directors from time to time.
- To serve as a forum for sharing information about collection management issues and best practices for licensing electronic resources at both the consortium and institutional levels.
- To investigate and assess information resources that can be acquired collectively for the benefit of member institutions.
- To recommend and maintain policies and model documents for joint acquisitions. To develop strategies for negotiation with publishers and vendors, and provide other input to the Executive Director to inform licensing and renewal discussions between COPPUL staff and vendors.
- To communicate and coordinate with other COPPUL committees and task groups as needed to carry out the above.
The Chair provides a written report to the Directors at least once a year to report on activities and request approval of plans and resources as required.
In person meetings are held on a regular basis as determined by the Directors, normally in conjunction with a Directors' meeting. Most activity is conducted on a group listserv, and by teleconference, email, blogs and wikis as needed.
approved by the COPPUL Directors March 17, 2011