The Collections Community provides a space for COPPUL member libraries to exchange ideas and develop potential programs to support collections development.
The Collections Community will provide support and guidance across its community:
- Monitor trends in library collections services in order to generate ideas for enhancement of collections initiatives at the consortium level.
- Make recommendations to the COPPUL board on policies or strategic initiatives that could be resolved through collective action.
- Serve as a forum for sharing information about collection management issues and best practices for licensing electronic resources at both the consortium and institutional levels.
- Organize webinars on collections issues to support the work of the collections staff at COPPUL member organizations.
- Communicate and coordinate with other COPPUL committees and working groups as needed to carry out the above.
Membership is open to any interested individual.
To become a member of this community, please send a request to be added to the Collections Community to email@example.com.