The Collections Community provides a space for COPPUL member libraries to exchange ideas and develop potential programs to support collections development.
Francine May, Mount Royal University
The Collections Community will provide support and guidance across its community:
- Monitor trends in library collections services in order to generate ideas for enhancement of collections initiatives at the consortium level.
- Make recommendations to the COPPUL board on policies or strategic initiatives that could be resolved through collective action.
- Serve as a forum for sharing information about collection management issues and best practices for licensing electronic resources at both the consortium and institutional levels.
- Organize webinars on collections issues to support the work of the collections staff at COPPUL member organizations.
- Communicate and coordinate with other COPPUL committees and working groups as needed to carry out the above.
Membership is open to any interested individual.
To become a member of this community, please send a request to be added to the Collections Community to email@example.com.