The Controlled Digital Lending (CDL) Working Group will be responsible for identifying options, challenges, and opportunities associated with CDL, and recommending next steps. The working group will complete its work by June 2023.
- The CDL Working Group will explore the North American CDL landscape and consult with CARL and other consortia to prepare a briefing on CDL outlining:
- Options for delivering CDL (e.g., Project ReShare, Internet Archive)
- Challenges (e.g., financial, legal, technical)
- Opportunities (e.g., sharing of rare materials, increased use of monographs)
- Create recommendations for COPPUL on whether and how to proceed with CDL.