COPPUL offers the following opt-in tools and services to members and select partners at additional cost. These support sustainable stewardship of digital collections through their life cycle.
- Archivematica-as-a-Service helps members prepare material for long-term access and storage using standards-based, open-source tools. With hosting provided by the UBC Library and technical support provided by Artefactual, users are able to focus on doing preservation processing rather than technical setup and maintenance.
- WestVault is COPPUL's community-owned preservation storage network, based on Stanford's LOCKSS technology ("Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe"). WestVault members are able to store copies of unique and at-risk materials at 5 member libraries across 4 provinces, safeguarding valuable content for long-term preservation and access. Participation is currently open to COPPUL members, and to BC ELN partners.
- Arca is a hosted, Islandora-based repository platform made available to COPPUL members through partnership with the BC Electronic Library Network. Integration with WestVault allows users of both services to quickly and easily flag content for deposit to preservation storage in the Arca collection manager interface.
- Archive-It is a web archiving service provided by the Internet Archive. With Consortia Canada, COPPUL coordinates annual Archive-It subscriptions for Canada's University Libraries.
- Dataverse is a repository designed to support stewardship of research data. This hosted version is made available in partnership with University of Toronto Libraries and ScholarsPortal, who operate Dataverse as a national service in collaboration with regional academic library consortia.
For more information about these tools and services, including participation options and pricing, please see the above links or contact Rebecca Dickson, Digital Stewardship Network Coordinator (email@example.com).