University libraries in western Canada are cooperating to make effective use of limited space in our buildings, and to thoughtfully manage our collective holdings.
- Carried Over Titles: Titles confirmed as archived by 30 September, 2014 (255 titles)
- Government Documents: Titles confirmed as of August 15, 2015 (26 titles - over 700 volumes)
- High Risk Titles: Identified and physically validated. Currently gap filling via the Call for Missing Volumes
- Titles confirmed as archived by 30 June 2014 (1448 medium risk titles and 21 low risk titles = 1469 total)
- Titles confirmed as archived 8 November 2012 (1556 titles)
- Note: Titles archived at UBC and noted as "some holdings in offsite storage" may not be visible in their online catalogue, but these have been confirmed by UBC Library
- Titles confirmed as archived 6 February 2013 (74 titles)
SPAN is working with the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) to expose retention committments for material archived in our Network in the Print Archives Preservation Registry (PAPR). Titles archived by SPAN members are now visible and searchable in this registry.
Participating libraries that withdraw material from their collections as a result of SPAN archiving efforts are asked to report these to COPPUL, as a means of evaluating the effectiveness of our program. Please use this template and return by email to the SPAN Coordinator.
For more information, contact: