Connect to the Database
ASTM Standards & Engineering Digital Library is a vast collection of industry-leading standards and technical engineering publications. The Library covers a broad range of engineering disciplines, including aerospace, biomedical, chemical, civil, environmental, geological, health and safety, industrial, materials science, mechanical, nuclear, petroleum, soil science, and solar engineering.
There were previously 4 options. These have been condensed down to two options by removing the BASIC option:
- ASTM Standards-only PLUS - includes both current/active versions of standards as well as historical and redlined versions of standards
- ASTM Complete SEDL (Standards and Engineering Digital Library) PLUS - includes both current/active versions of standards as well as historical and redlined versions of standards, manuals/monographs, STPs, Data Series and 9 journals (Smart and Sustainable Manufacturing Systems (SSMS) was added in 2017)
ASTM supplied use - July 2017 to July 2018
- Dalhousie University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Manitoba
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- University of Northern British Columbia
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- University of Victoria
ASTM Standards: View all 12,000+ standards, search by keyword or designation.
ASTM Symposia Papers and STPs: This essential engineering collection contains over 29,000 papers -- all of them peer reviewed. All symposia papers are published in book format (known as STPs or Selected Technical Papers).
Manuals, Monographs and Data Series. Get practical, hands-on application information (Manuals) or advanced and highly technical information (Monographs) from highly-regarded experts in their respective fields. The ASTM Data Series cover specific applications, contain compiled data, and usually include explanatory text.
There is no static TOC of standards, as each week about 300 standards are revised/re-approved/withdrawn or newly developed. Go to www.astm.org, click on “Standards Products” and on the bottom browse by A, B, C, etc….. to get all 13,000
Consortia Canada license, BCI lead
See the invoicing spreadsheet for entitlement details.
17-18 - NAIT joins
18-19 UVic joins mid-term. All schools have Complete except Victoria with only standards.
Note for Memorial University and University of Alberta: both of these institutions have had access via both the ASTM and the IHS platform since 2012 - this access will continue, at no additional cost.