Connect to the Database
ASTM Standards & Engineering Digital Library is a vast collection of industry-leading standards and technical engineering publications. The Library covers a broad range of engineering disciplines, including aerospace, biomedical, chemical, civil, environmental, geological, health and safety, industrial, materials science, mechanical, nuclear, petroleum, soil science, and solar engineering.
There were previously 4 options. These have been condensed down to two options by removing the BASIC option:
- ASTM Standards-only PLUS - includes both current/active versions of standards as well as historical and redlined versions of standards. See https://coppul.ca/resources/1518
- ASTM Complete SEDL (Standards and Engineering Digital Library) PLUS - includes both current/active versions of standards as well as historical and redlined versions of standards, manuals/monographs, STPs, Data Series and 9 journals (Smart and Sustainable Manufacturing Systems (SSMS) was added in 2017)
Other Standards Available:
- API (American Petroleum Institute)
- AATCC (American Association of Textile Chemists & Colorists)
- AASHTO (American Assn of State & Highway Transportation Officials)
- AWS (American Welding Society)
- AWWA (American Water Works Association)
- AENOR - ASTM has partnered with AENOR and they now offer all European Normative Standards (ENs) as well as all European ISO adopted Standards. Consortia Canada members can request a 6-month free trial subscription to all of the ENs thru March 15th, 2021
ASTM Videos - ASTM added for all members of Consortia Canada schools for at least the next subscription term (ending 15 Sept 2021)
Institutions requesting access to COUNTER statistics should send a contact name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the access is created a user name and password will be forwarded via email.
All organizations are asked to set up SUSHI on their end. The SUSHI protocol provides instructions on how to automate this process. This can be found through the link: https://groups.niso.org/workrooms/sushi/librarians/
ASTM Standards: View all 12,000+ standards, search by keyword or designation.
ASTM Symposia Papers and STPs: This essential engineering collection contains over 29,000 papers -- all of them peer reviewed. All symposia papers are published in book format (known as STPs or Selected Technical Papers).
Manuals, Monographs and Data Series. Get practical, hands-on application information (Manuals) or advanced and highly technical information (Monographs) from highly-regarded experts in their respective fields. The ASTM Data Series cover specific applications, contain compiled data, and usually include explanatory text.
There is no static TOC of standards, as each week about 300 standards are revised/re-approved/withdrawn or newly developed. Go to www.astm.org, click on “Standards Products” and on the bottom browse by A, B, C, etc….. to get all 13,000
ASTM International Standards is licensed for 3-years, to September 2021.
Participants have the option to renew annually or commit to the full 3-years of the agreement.
Consortia Canada license, BCI lead. TAL and BCELN do not offer
See the invoicing spreadsheet for entitlement details.
17-18 - NAIT joins
18-19 UVic joins mid-term. All schools have Complete except Victoria with only standards.
19-20 Sask Poly joins
20-21 CAUL schools go through this consortia
20-21 - Alberta adds API and AWS standards
Note for Memorial University and University of Alberta: both of these institutions have had access via both the ASTM and the IHS platform since 2012 - this access will continue, at no additional cost.