Connect to the Database
The IEEE/IET Electronic Library is brought to you via the IEEE Xplore® digital library. Featuring content from IEEE as well as the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), IEL contains almost one-third of the world’s current literature in electrical engineering, communications, and computer science.
Changes in 2020/21 - IET journals are moving to Wiley (and will be Gold OA). IBM Journal will be a 1957 to 2020 archived journal from 2021 on only.
An IEL subscription provides access to over 4.5 million documents. Highly-cited, peer-reviewed research that fuels more new patents than any other publisher, including:
- IEEE Society journals, magazines, and transactions (and IEEE Spectrum Magazine and the Proceedings of the IEEE).
- Proceedings from IEEE and IET annual conferences
- More than 2,800 approved and published IEEE standards in key technology fields: IEEE Redline Versions of Standards, IEEE Standards Dictionary Online
- Complimentary access to VDE conference titles
- Complimentary access to Bell Labs Technical Journal (BLTJ)
- Full-text access to articles accepted for future publication
- Complimentary access to the IEEE & IET backfiles: to the late 1800s for select titles with an active IEL subscription
Log in to view your usage statistics.
Download usage statistics tip sheet.
IEL is a multi-year license to November 2021
|University of Calgary||IEL, Drafts|
|University of British Columbia & Okanagan||IEL|
|University of Alberta & Augustana||IEL, IBM, JSEE|
|Simon Fraser University & Surrey||IEL|
|University of Manitoba||IEL|
|University of Saskatchewan||IEL & IBM|
|University of Victoria||IEL & IBM|
|University of Regina||IEL|
|Mount Royal University||IEL & IBM|
|University of Lethbridge||IEL|