With a planned launch date of April 2018, WestVault will enable participants, using OwnCloud, to ingest digital content into a distributed digital preservation storage network, ensuring the longevity, integrity, and accessibility of critical digital content over the long-term. WestVault will employ the award-winning LOCKSS software to provide a high-redundancy, independently-administered peer storage network spread across all 4 Western provinces. WestVault will be able to monitor content health, repair damage, and recover from data loss events.
WestVault will supercede the existing COPPUL Private LOCKSS Network (COPPUL PLN).
- Initial expressions of interest for COPPUL WestVault, a digital preservation storage service
- Q and A for COPPUL’s emerging preservation storage service WestVault
- LOCKSS for COPPUL, and Lots of LOCKSS Keeping Stuff Safe [slides] by Nicholas Taylor, Program Manager, LOCKSS and Web Archiving, Stanford University Libraries
- WestVault: An introduction and update on COPPUL’s emerging distributed digital preservation storage service [slides] by Corey Davis, COPPUL Digital Preservation Coordinator
- WestVault project plan
- WestVault Hosting Partner Agreement (a service-level agreement for those 5 institutions hosting LOCKSS boxes for WestVault)
- WestVault Technical Requirements for Hosting Partners (in development)
- WestVault Depositor Agreement
- WestVault hosting partner infrastructure costs (calculating the annual service fee per Tb for users of the WestVault preservation storage service)
- WestVault Succession Plan (agreed to in principle by the University of Victoria Libraries)
- COPPUL PLN Succession Plan
- EduCloud infrastructure requirements for COPPUL WestVault (an agreement to run the core infrastructure of WestVault on Educloud, including ownCloud, LOCKSS-O-Matic, and the content staging server)
For more information, contact the COPPUL Digital Preservation Coordinator: